Wednesday, October 28, 2009

2 Weeks Here!

God dag! (Good Day)

Wow I have so much to say and so little time so here goes. First off I don't really have time to read emails so if you could just print them off and send them that would help a ton. Or even use dearelder.com so I can get the letter the same day it's written.

The gym times have been really great here. I can still do MOST of my regular gym workouts like running, abs, biceps and pec stuff. The equipment is very well used but it works. The best is getting to go outside, on sunday's we get to walk around the temple grounds for like two hours! Sunday's have been one of my favorite parts here, except for Wednesday's when we get to do endowment sessions.

Last wednesday I had such an awesome experience in the Celestial room! I decided that I knew I made the right choice to serve the Lord but I wanted a definate confirmation of that. So as I was sitting there in the temple I prayed to Heavenly Father and asked Him if he would make it known to me that what I am doing is the right thing and that it is the truth I am preparing to share. Not even seconds later I knew, without a doubt that His gospel is true and that everyone in the world needs to hear it. I am so grateful for the power of prayer and the answers He so willingly gives to us if we only ask as it says in the last verse of D&C 4; all you have to do is ask.

Something else that was so sweet; last night we had a devotional and Elder L. Tom Perry spoke to us! As he entered a hush fell over the entire assembly hall and you could tell without even looking that one of the Lord's apostles had entered. His spirit instantly filled the room! He talked to us about how teaching is a noble and great responsiblity. And I felt so blessed and humbled to have been given this great responsiblity.

Well that's all the time I have left. I know this is our Lord's work and everyday the spirit confirms it to me in more ways than one. I have been reading the scriptures like crazy and I love it!


Love,

Elder Farrer

No comments:

Post a Comment