Wednesday, November 25, 2009

November 18, 2009 "Another Week Gone By"

Hello all:

I'm not sure if you all know this or not but on lds.org and on mormon.org
they have great, uplifting youtube videos about different topics in the
church. They are somewhat geared to nonmembers but I find them a great
strength when i'm feeling down or confused about some things. If you have
a minute or two go and watch some of them, I think we watch at least two
per day and there are maybe fifteen total ha ha..

I think that's what makes this gospel so wonderful. I heard this past week
someone say that we have an inexhaustible gospel. It's so true!
Every time i read a scripture or think about a topic I get some new
insight on how it applies to us. It doesn't matter what source of media
you look to, you can always get something new from it if you are looking
and listening closely. I have so many scriptures marked and every time i
go back to them i find a new part of it to mark or a new idea of what it
means.
One thing I have been working on this past week is working to have a desire to study and learn more. I think the number one thing i realized when i first got here is that i do not like to study ha ha. But this is such a different kind of study. It's truly a study that will make you a more perfect person. Each day I have grown to be excited to study the scriptures and learn about this gospel. It wasn't easy though ha ha.. It took many nights and days of praying to have a desire to study. And it payed off! I now look forward to the time I have to study Norsk as well as Preach My Gospel :) I often feel like I'm running out of time cuz there is so much more I want to learn. In one of the Mormon message videos I mentioned earlier an apostle says something like our Heavenly Father sees us as glorious, perfected beings we are capable of becoming. We have been given this opportunity on Earth to work towards becoming glorious and perfected beings. I think that's so awesome to think about that we will one day be perfect!

I have definitely come to appreciate opportunities to learn more about all that God has to teach us. In the fireside on Sunday it was mentioned that we have been given the gift of the holy ghost and we need to work to exercise this gift. The one thing that stuck out the most was that it is a tool we can learn to use. Everyone has to learn to use it. And as we learn to use it we grow stronger in following and listening to it's promptings. this is something i had never really thought about before, that being led by the spirit is something that we need to practice using so we can get better at it! Even better it's not just left at that; we can pray for help in getting better at recognizing how to listen and act on spiritual promptings. It is so awesome how much the Lord truly gives us, and He gives us countless ways to accomplish all the challenges that come our way.

This past week at a time when i was feeling down cuz I'm not able to speak Norsk as well as i would like to I decided to list out all of my blessings. I finally had to just stop cuz i had so many and they just kept coming to mind! What a great way to spiritually recharge; thinking about everything we have been given. I am so grateful for all the blessings I have been given in my life!

I'm starting to feel a little bit more confident in speaking Norsk now. After having our first practice in the language on Monday i realized that there is so much i want to say but i just can't find the Norwegian words to say it. it was definitely a motivator to study harder and use all the time I have been given!

So I realized that my number one blessings I listed were all of you at home. It was thinking about all the people I love and care about that helped me to continue on! Thank you for your love and support :) I feel your prayers everyday and they help greatly!

I am so grateful to be apart of the Lord's true church. I know it is His church and it will only continue to grow as we share the gospel with the world! My time is up but I love you all and again thank you for everything!
>
> Love Elder Farrer
>
> Gå med Gud!

No comments:

Post a Comment