Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fulfilling Week!

Hello all,

It has truly been such an enlightening week and it continues to get better!

I am so blessed to have this opportunity to grow much closer to our Savior! Brother Howard (Branch Presidency) said something that I really liked in Sacrament meeting on Sunday. He said that we are here to learn the ways of the Lord. I have learned so much here and I have grown to love it so much more!

I am so excited to be able to serve in this great work! Last night at the devotional a member of the seventy came and talked to us about all the temples that have been built. It is truly amazing how much progress the church has made in the last years. It got me thinking a lot about how much i love going to the temple and the great feelings i have there. No doubt, every time i go I have a spiritual experience that uplifts me greatly! Every time my questions are answered and I can progress in this great work.

I keep hearing stories about Norway and it gets me so excited to go there! Also, thanks Mom for the info about the people there being Lutheran and such cuz now i'm going to research their beliefs so I can be more familiar with the differences and similarities.

I have made a lot of new goals this past week. One of them is that with the Lord's help of course we are going to get a temple in Norway! I've heard many times go big or go home, well i'm goin' big and there's no way i'm gonna give up!

I have been struggling with the language a little bit. Until just recently I haven't been able to find the best way for me to learn Norsk. I am still working on how I can study it and remember everything i've studied to then apply it. I have a few new ideas but we will see how they go.

One part of this gospel i have really grown to love, well actually two things now that i think about it, but it's how perfectly all the principles and doctrines tie together. The second thing is I have come to truly love the Book of Mormon. It has so many answers for us and it's there for our use, if we just pick it up and search. I have found it especially fulfilling to read then ponder for a while what I just read. My studies are made even better when I have a specific topic in mind before hand to study. For example, my favorite topic to study has been the atonement because of all the things it ties into. It has helped me realize how much the Savior truly loves us and feels exactly what we are feeling. The scriptures have strengthened my testimony in so many aspects and i'm so grateful for that.

I hope all is going well and i can't wait to hear from you again. I have felt your prayers and I am thankful for them! I know the Lord is with us all. If you get a chance read in John chapter 14, I love to read this chapter cuz it has so many verses about how much we are loved and how the Lord is always with us. I love you all and again I am so grateful for your support in me.

Love, Elder Farrer

No comments:

Post a Comment