Wednesday, November 4, 2009

What a week it has been!

Hello All:

Well it's extremely busy but oh so worth it! I have been reflecting often in Matthew 25 where Christ tells the parable of the three men and the talents they are given. I like to read verse 21 and picture myself in the end and hopefully the Lord will have reason to say to me also, "Well done thou good and faithful servant." That statement is so powerful to me and makes me want to do so much more.

The language has been coming fairly well. I can talk as if i were four years old in Norwegian haha but it'll come. They continuously throw us into these crash courses where we learn a principle in Norske (norwegian) then we have to talk to a volunteer who speaks it extremely well! What a humbling experience that is every time! I can pick out maybe two or three words each time and can almost guess to see what they are asking/trying to tell me. It truly is a major learning experience every time. But honestly Norske is not that bad, it's easier when you are reading it cuz a lot of the words in English look the same like fader is father haha.. And some words I like to imagine a cave man saying it and then i can translate better, like when you say "you" it's "du" haha.

On Sunday's we get to watch one of four church movies they show. We watched the Joseph Smith movie like they have playing in salt lake. This was the second time I had watched it and it is so wonderful! I felt the spirit so strongly when I was watching it and if you get the chance maybe go and see it for family night or something. It lit a fire within me that will never be put out for I know that he was a prophet of God and this is the true church on this earth today! It made me want to go up to a stranger and say hey let me tell you about what i know is true! haha.. I also discovered a new passion for bagpipes. In it praise to the man is played on bagpipes and it is awesome! I now want to learn to play the bagpipes and also the harmonica.

We had a devotional last night and the spirit was so strong. It was a member of the seventy who spoke and he told stories about many different ways you can get people to listen to our message. One of them he told about the first day he got to his mission in new york they had all the new elders go down to wall street and start singing primary songs. I want to do that in Norway! I have realized how much more I like to sing and i think that's a great way to get people curious cuz the spirit is always present when you sing hymns.

There's an elder here from Norway and he gave us all some Norwegian chocolate and it was most delicious! I will definitely be buying some of this and sending it home when I get there :) I have had so many ups and downs this past week. There have been times where I felt like I have no idea how I'm going to learn and remember all the things I have to before I leave. But it seems like every time I get to that point I come across another scripture that pushes me to continue on. I have had so many moments of feeling overwhelmed but I read this scripture in Luke 1:27 and it says nothing is impossible with God. This is so true! it's hard to believe but it really is correct.

Love,

Elder Dano Farrer

No comments:

Post a Comment