Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Final Days in the MTC - December 9, 2009

Hei hei,

I took a before and after pic of my stomach showing how much food we get here plus all the goodies everyone sends haha.. (my "fat" pic is a slight exaggeration haha) I've only gained like 3 pounds and i think it's because i just eat a ton of food (as usual) but then i sit and it begins to stick to the insides of my body haha.. It's true they give you like no good blankets to sleep with and this past week our room temp has been 63 degrees and maybe 65 on a "warm" day haha.. but you can ask for more blankets in the service area in his building cuz they will give you more. I've just been sleeping in my jacket and socks :) so no worries. The past two weeks I've had a bad sinus infection cuz of sleeping in the cold, go figure haha.. But I've been loading up on golden seal three times a day and i'm seeing some progress slowly.

One of our teachers was tellin' us that in Norway the apartments are way nice as far as staying warm. When you turn on the heater it gives instant heat! The floors are also heated which is pretty much better than what we have here haha.. I think they live fairly well over there :)

We got flight plans!! So my flight leaves at 8:30 am Monday morning. We have to meet in the travel office at 5 am that morning! I'll try and call from the SLC airport but i don't know how much time I'll have.. but in JFK airport we have a 3 hour layover so I'll call from there. Then we fly from there to Austria then to Oslo! I don't think I'll be calling from Austria haha but I'll be calling again in a few weeks for Christmas :)

I am so excited to go to Norway! Both of our teachers have been bringing pictures and telling us about all their experiences they had there. It just makes me want to be there and meet all the people! Everyday I gain a stronger testimony in knowing that Norway is exactly where I'm supposed to serve. It all just feels/sounds so right it's great!

Yesterday was kinda weird cuz I've had many deja vu's here before but never as many as yesterday. I think it's one of my favorite things to be sitting listening to someone talk or be reading/ pondering and feel like "I've seen this before" or "I've been here before." It's kinda like a testimony that I'm making the right decisions and I'm at the right place in my life.

Looking back at my stay here I have thought many times that "wow, i really don't like the mtc" haha but I truly have grown so close to my Savior and my testimony of the truthfulness of His gospel has grown exponentially! I am so grateful for that :) I want to continue to grow closer to Him. That has been the greatest part of my mission thus far, learning of the Lord and all He does/ has done for us. (and continues to do!) I am thankful for the gift of the Holy Ghost, without it i could not do what I'm set out to do. It is such a great gift and we need to exercise this gift as much as possible. I came to the realization that i had never really thought about before, this past week. I never realized that we should truly be relying on and using the Spirit all the time! I've never really done that before and I feel so much better when I do use it. For some reason I've just thought that "oh I'll just listen to the spirit when i write a talk or read the scriptures." but listening to the spirit can never be over used. It is there for our benefit and it has so many roles that only have positive influences on us.

I am so happy to be serving our Savior. I've come so much closer to him and all that he does for me. We are so blessed in every way we can possibly think of! I know this is the only true church and we are so lucky cuz we know it's true! I love you all and can't wait to talk to you on Monday :)

Until then..

Love,

Elder Dano

No comments:

Post a Comment