Monday, January 18, 2010

Wow, where did the week go?!‏

Hi everyone,

This past week has been very rewarding! Looking back I really can't believe where it went. I'm more than half way done with my first moves period and that's just crazy!

On Thursday I had my first zone conference and it was way sweet. As usual the food was incredibly delicious (I'll talk more about that later :) We did a bunch of practice teaches and door contacts that really helped with the language. It also helped to get some more ideas one what i can use to talk with people out on the street. Pres. Johansen is on fire! He finished off the conference with an inspirational talk that made me wanna stand up and cry repentance to all the people of Oslo haha.

Later that night we had a teach with this Frances (she's from Scotland. What parts of Scotland was Brent in?) It was a way sweet experience and the spirit was so incredibly strong. She told us about a dream she had where her son, who died as a small baby, came to her and said not to worry about him, he was happy now. She said he was in an incredibly beautiful garden, just playing and laughing. We told her about how babies are saved through Christ and about the ability to be sealed to our families forever through the temple. Pretty much we were all tearing up and she started to tell us how it all make more sense now. She's getting baptized on the 13th of February :)

Friday was a way good day of finding out on the streets of Oslo city :) I decided I was just going to talk to every person that walked by and hit'em hard with the Spirit through testimony haha. We were talking with this one guy about Christ and prophets when he started to turn away. I asked him if we could just give him a card (the 1st vision) As I was giving it to him I started to tell him about it in Joseph's own words. He didn't accept to meet with us but a seed was definitely planted cuz there is no way he didn't feel the spirit that was present. I think he may have been a little afraid of what he was feeling. Oh well, he's progressed a little further than where he was before at least.

This week we're focusing a lot on finding. Yesterday (Sunday) we were out talking with people and we just kept getting a bunch of "nei takks" (no thanks) or Muslims that would just tell us we needed to go to more schooling before we can tell people about religion haha.. Anyway we finally talked with this guy and he sort of kept walking but just looked at me. So I just stared him down with a disappointed look and he spoke to us in English. He asked what we wanted so I told him what we were out doing. He basically said in an enthusiastic way, "Yes, I want to meet with you guys!" We asked when and he said "Anytime." We're meeting with him tonight :) This guy is from Africa and is way cool!

It's crazy to hear about all that's happening with the economy back home. Nobody says anything about it here so I have no idea how it is haha.. We've had alot of people tell us on the streets that when asked what they think about prophets they respond with "Obama, that guys a real prophet." The Norwegians really think Obama's a great guy (talk about a blinded people haha)

I got a way strong antibiotic from a doctor here who was way nice haha. He gave me this three day thing and now i'm doing much better than before but I still have a lot of congestion around my eyebrows and in-between. I've been tryin to do more of that meditating stuff that lady showed me before I came. It works really well to help me focus and calm down. This sounds bad but church has been one of the worst days for me. I get way stressed out when everyone is talking Norwegian and I understand so little. Then I get carried away in thinking how little I know. I then have to think about how far i really have come and try to just "chill" a little more haha. I have realized though that there is only so much i can do and the rest have to come from on high; that just takes patience :)

Happiness is definitely a state of mind and it is so wonderful. I'm getting more happy, more often as time goes by and it feels so good :) It's kinda funny cuz sometimes i tell people on the street that we're out to tell them about how you can have so much more true joy in your life. We just wanna give you a giant platter of true, eternal joy :) But your right, that's not a very good deal (free) haha your excuse of not having time is perfectly legitimate. It really is sad that they won't except this great offer but hopefully one day they will.

I had another great experience yesterday. We were given the opportunity to bless a member in the ward who's been sick and having a hard time. I am so grateful to the gift and power of the priesthood. It is such a blessing to bare it and I love to use it :)

The more I learn about and observe Norwegian people the more I just have to laugh haha. They have a very different sense of humor than we have. Many of them just don't have a sense of humor :) It makes it so much more funnier after saying something and they just look at you like "what the heck are you talking about?"

I'm so grateful for this opportunity to serve a mission. It has blessed me in so many different ways. I continuously learn so much more about myself and who I am as well as more about the gospel. It truly is amazing how carefully thought out His plan for us is. We are given many chances to succeed and that means so much to me :)

This world is full of so much confusion and turmoil. I'm so happy to know even a fraction of what of what my place in this life is. The gospel is true and miracles really do happen today, we just have to watch for them and expect the miracle :) I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!

Love,

Eldste Dano

No comments:

Post a Comment