Monday, February 8, 2010

Bittersweet

Hello Everyone,

So this past week has been a pretty rough one.. It was looking to be a very good one but then people just kept on not showing up to appointments and they wouldn't call or anything. We ended up doing a whole lot of contacting to find more people who would accept the truth. About the end of the night on Thursday I just did not even know how I could continue on with this. I was so emotionally, physically and spiritually drained. But it turned out to be a blessing in disguise cuz I really found out more about who I am and how much I need my Savior.

After we got back to the apartment I dropped my bags and coat on the floor and sat in a chair. I just sat there and pondered for almost 45 minutes about how in the world I am going to do this for 2 years. I was simply worn out and tired of being a missionary.. As I sat there thinking I realized that I'm not alone in this and I've been given ways to make it through. I started to think about Christ's life and what He had to do each and every day. He walked many miles a day and healed anyone who came to Him and asked in faith for help. That night I said a very simple and sincere prayer to our Heavenly Father. I pretty much let out every one of my weaknesses and asked for forgiveness. I felt such an incredible and overwhelming comfort of His tremendous love for me. I am so grateful for the great comfort that comes through prayer and the Spirit. Prayer is such an awesome gift we have to use as often as we want to!

We did have one appointment that stuck though :) We ended up doing the presentation for that company I mentioned last week. It went well and they had a lot of questions but I think they mostly wanted to know how we stay motivated. We pretty much told them straight up the reason we stay motivated is because it's true. "Teach people the correct principles and they will govern themselves" I think Joseph Smith said that but i'm not sure haha.. Anyway, we gave a few of them copies of The Book of Mormon and we shall see. If nothing else we gave them a better understanding of the truth.

I guess I shouldn't complain so much cuz we got two more baptismal dates haha. One is for the end of this month and the other is for the first week in March! The first one we have is with Senthil. He's a 23 year old from India. It's interesting how the Lord brings people to Him. Senthil's uncle passed away about two weeks ago and we've been telling him alot about the spirit world. He was way worried about his uncle cuz a priest in India told him that since his uncle wasn't baptized he is dammed. As you can imagine Senthil didn't really like this response haha. We told him about baptisms for the dead and said he could be baptized for his uncle one day if he get's baptized first with the correct authority of course. After we told him all this and asked him if he'll be baptized he quietly said, "Yes, I want to do that." It was so good to hear that! He was so happy to know that he'll be with his uncle again one day :)

The other person is Joel. Joel is a way happy, African guy who was taught like six months ago then went out of the country until now. We basically asked him why he isn't baptized yet and he said he didn't know haha.. Then we asked him if he wants to and he said yes! He didn't want it too soon so it'll be within the first week of March :)

It's been way cold this past week here! (No surprises right? haha) The members here keep sayin' "This cold weather is just not normal for this time of year." Haha I think I heard that every year back home because for some reason the weather is never exactly the same as the year before :) I just keep thinkin, "Well I wasn't here last year but it is definitely freezing this year!" It's all good though :) I just cover up every part of bare skin except my eyes haha.

Well I hope everyone is doing well! I love the gospel and I'm so grateful to be serving my Heavenly Father. No matter how hard it gets the blessings always outweigh the rest of it. I know it's true and now one could ever convince me otherwise!

Love,

Elder Dano

No comments:

Post a Comment