Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy 1st Day of February:)‏


Hey everyone,

Well I still have about a tablespoon of peanut butter haha.. i've been trying to save it for as long as possible. We got three small containers of it for christmas but I really like peanut butter :) It'll be gone in a few days i'm sure.

The sinuses are progressing slowly but surely. I haven't taken the hot showers at night for at least a week but they are still progressing. No doubt it's our Heavenly Father's hand in my life cuz the more busy and focus i stay on this great work the better i feel. I've been trying way hard to just contribute even though I couldn't think very clearly and it's payed off. The lord has truly blessed me and I'm so thankful for it!

I definitely get plenty of food to eat. I feel like i'm getting a little bit chubby haha.. We eat at member's houses about 2-3 times a week then make meals at home or eat meal's at the institute center. They have dinner on fridays and sundays so we eat those fairly often.

So about the baptism on Saturday. It was so cool and the spirit was so strong! This was the first baptism where i've been there teaching the person the entire time. The girl's name is Aslaug and she's 11 years old. It was great to see her make that decision that will have a big effect on the rest of her life. it really made me want to find more people to baptize so that they can experience the joy and happiness it brings into our lives.

I've had some really incredible experiences this past week and it's been great! First we taught this lady, Anita, on Tuesday and asked her if she'll be baptized on the 20th of February. This was only the second time meeting with her but she agreed and we're continuing to teach her until then :) The spirit was so strong in the teach and afterward i could hardly remember what we even taught her but the Holy Ghost touched her heart.

So we did this thing during district meeting where we got into our companionships and decided to pray about who we need to find, what we need to talk to them about and where to find them. It was such a sweet experience cuz we would pray and know exactly who we needed to find that day. i told my comp who i thought we should talk to and where and he just stared at me as I described exactly what he thought too! It's amazing how Heavenly Father brings our thoughts together through the spirit to help us find those who are really seeking the truth. It is such a wonderful gift we are given to receive personal revelation and inspiration from the Lord. I hadn't realized before how much guidance we can receive if we just ask, seek, and knock like it says so many times in the scriptures.

The last main great thing that happened this past week was on Sunday. It was the first Sunday here that I felt like I had a general idea of what was being said in all the lessons/talks. It felt great to somewhat know what was goin on :) But if the conversation goes outside of "gospel terms" I'm practically toast haha.. I'm just way happy that it's coming along, slowly, but it's coming.

Something crazy also that i just remembered that's pretty cool. We talked with this guy on the street. He asked us if we'd come to his business meeting and present a 45 min thing about our message haha. We'll be talking to about 15 people and presenting basically a first lesson! I'm hoping we'll find someone that will want to hear more but it'll be interesting :) The best part about it is that it'll be in Norwegian haha.. Well who the Lord calls the Lord qualifies right? It's gonna be way sweet!

I just can't even believe how much Heavenly Father has blessed me with and continues to bless me with. He gives us all the tools to be successful in this life if we only follow Him. I know Christ lives and this is His church that is the only true church.

I love you all and hope all is going well.

Love,

Dano

No comments:

Post a Comment