Monday, March 1, 2010

It's.. kind of getting warmer :)‏

Well looking back this past week has gone by pretty fast yet again. I just barely heard about the earthquake in Chili, that's crazy! There's a less active member who is from Chili and she's over there right now visiting so I'm hoping they're okay. It is sad to see all the disasters that are happening but isn't it great to know that the church is always one of the first to respond in relief efforts in these places? I love it! We are truly a part of God's church and it's such a blessing. We are definitely seeing the signs of the times. It's a very trying yet exciting time I think :) It's amazing how much missionary work is increasing. All over Europe more and more people are being baptized and brought into the fold!

We had another baptism in the ward on Saturday. His name is Raj Thapa and he was the sister's investigator but we became really good friends. There's something about people from Nepal haha i dunno what it is but we really hit it off :) When i first got here i met another great convert from nepal, his name is Sam. Nepali people are just so great and so humble! Oh and of course the Norwegian people are great too haha.

The Lord has blessed us so much this past week. Remember the two people i talked about last week who came in randomly during our district meeting? Well they're getting baptized on March 27th! We've taught them 2 times now and both the teaches went way good :) They came to church again on Sunday and are way excited to join the church it's great! They are just two way humble people who acknowledge God's hand in everything. It's amazing to me how prepared the people are who come from other countries with pretty much nothing just to try and find work.

Unfortunately Senthil didn't get baptized this last Saturday like he was supposed to. He just hasn't wanted to meet with us but he still wants to be baptized. He won't come to church or any other activities which is not good haha. Our last teach was a way cool experience though. We went in with a plan and it didn't really work out exactly as we'd hoped it would. He came into the teach very unhappy and angry about something we weren't sure what it was. He just kept going on about how difficult it is to survive in Norway when you haven't grown up here. Then he talked about how everyone in America has everything (finance wise) given to them. I was just thinkin "haha not quite buddy." Anyway he kept goin on about this when I just had a "random" thought to ask him if he's happy. Cuz i always ask him how he's doing and he just says great. So i looked at him and simply asked, "Senthil, are you happy?" He was stunned and I could see the wall he had set up at the beginning of our teach slowly begin to fade away and the spirit filled the room. He basically said he wasn't and that he didn't know how to find that happiness. After that I said many more things that I really can't remember cuz i know they weren't my words entirely. I am so grateful for the power and gift of the spirit. I was truly used as an instrument in Heavenly Father's hands and it felt so incredibly good :)

Too often i find myself complaining about why certain things are the way they are; but whenever the spirit is present I start to realize how much my trials have actually made me into who i am. They continually bless me and help me become a much better person. I was talking with a recent convert last night about how he felt after meeting with the missionaries. He talked about how quickly his knowledge and outlook on life changed. The gospel has tremendous power to increase our understandings and ability when we have the spirit with us. It is such a blessing!

At the end of every week I think about how much I've learned in just that past week and I think "wow, I never imagined all this was even there." My understanding of the Father's plan for us is continually growing and I am so grateful for all that I continue to learn. Yesterday my companion and I taught the lesson in Sunday school about prayer. One thing that kept coming up was that some of the most powerful prayers offered are those offered by a young child. I thought that was so great to hear cuz I feel many times that a prayer needs to be eloquent and great but it's just as simple as a child talking to their father.

The Lord has been blessing Norway with so much success and sometimes is seems like he's been blessing me more than anything! I feel so blessed and i'm so grateful that we have a loving Heavenly Father who truly wants us to succeed. I know this is His church and it is so important that we are actively a part of it to obtain the highest level of joy possible. I love to think about all the happy times i've had in my life and think about how we will be that happy all the time in eternity :) I can't even imagine how great it will be!

I love you all and as always hope everything is going good :) I always enjoy counting all my blessings cuz it takes such a long time. I've especially grown to appreciate sunlight a lot more!

Love,

Elder Farrer

No comments:

Post a Comment