Monday, March 8, 2010

Multitudes of prepared Spanish people!

I realized the other day that after this week i will have been out for 5 months! It's weird cuz it feels like it's been a long time but not really that long at all. Time definitely flies by fast when you are staying busy.

So I'm sitting next to another Elder in my district (not my comp) and it's way funny cuz he's a bigger guy who just randomly hits/punches things. I think he just really likes loud noises but it always catches me off guard when we're standing in a quiet elevator and he just punches one of the buttons haha.

Well let me explain the title of this email. So remember how last week i talked about Carlos and Yamilla? They introduced us to one of their friends and we taught him for the first time last night (in Spanish) haha.. It's a good thing my comp speaks Spanish cuz the only thing I catch is when they say Jesus Christ or when setting up a new appointment :) I still remember numbers in Spanish but everything else is pretty much not there. Anyway Yamilla sat in on the teach and basically told him that he needs to pray and be baptized! There was a really cool spirit present and I could follow the general direction the teach was going. This guy (Pablo) said he didn't know how to pray and asked if we could help him develop a faith. I was just like, "Yep, we can do that." Now I just have to balance my language studies with both Norwegian and Spanish haha.

Unfortunately Senthil will not be getting baptized anytime soon. In fact we kind of gave up meeting with him cuz he hasn't come to church in a long time. We had another way good teach with him this week about the Restoration and about our church having the only authority from God to do things like baptism. I asked him straight up if he believed that this is the Lord's only true church on the earth and he basically said no. I realized that he is not willing to pray to ask our Heavenly Father if this is His one and only true church. Obviously that is the only way to know if it is or not..

I had a pretty cool experience yesterday at church. I was heading to a meeting right after church ended when I decided to stop at talk with one of the younger members in the ward. It was way cool cuz afterward I realized that i just got through an entire conversation and was able to say pretty much everything i wanted to! That was such an awesome feeling :) I've found that when I focus too much on trying to understand I usually don't. But when I just listen normally and let the language juices flow then what I've studied comes out more naturally. The problem is I know a lot more than I have confidence in.

It's interesting how much Satan uses doubt and fear against us. I think there have been way too many times where I didn't do something because I was afraid of the outcome or doubted I could even do it. It really is true that fear is the opposite of faith cuz if you have faith you can accomplish all that you need to. That's my new theme for this week, "No Fear" haha we'll see how far it gets me :)

I'm always amazed at how much the Lord blesses us with each and every day. I was sitting there thinking in my personal study about all the things He has blessed me with. I started writing them down and continued to throughout the week whenever i though of something new. After awhile I decided that it's probably best to just keep a mental list cuz it was so long! I love watching to see the Lord's hand in things cuz it make me so much more grateful and I realize that I am never really alone. He's always there helping us. Sometimes i think it's harder to notice all the little things He does but He truly helps with so much :)

I'm so grateful to have a loving Heavenly Father who only wants us to be happy. I know this is His church and He is in it. He's always with us and I'm grateful for the opportunities I am given to learn and to grow into a better person. This church is true and I know it! It's about time we tell the world what we know :)

Love,

Daniel



No comments:

Post a Comment