Monday, March 22, 2010

With Love To All
























Dear everyone :)

I'm happy to hear you all enjoyed your trip up to Jackson this past week. That's one vacation I have always loved in spending time with all of the family. Although I realize now that I wasted a lot of time being lazy haha it was still fun. I definitely want to do much more in the future :) Oh and I agree with simple, I like simple too haha.

This past week has been pretty stressful but very rewarding. I have seen so many miracles go into play and i'm just amazed at how blessed we have been. Carlos and Yamilla are getting baptized this Saturday! It's incredible how prepared they are and how willing they are to accept every commitment we give them. They are both such great people and are so grateful for all that Heavenly Father has given. I'll be baptizing Yamilla and confirming Carlos. Yamilla doesn't speak or understand English so this will be my first time baptizing someone and it will be in Spanish :) That's one thing i never thought i'd say haha. I'm way excited though and I've been working on memorizing the baptismal prayer, it's pretty sweet in Spanish.

Well the weather is starting to warm up a little (in a rainy sort of way haha). It rained quite a bit yesterday and got rid of most of the snow :) The sun is out longer everyday so i'm starting to see more and more of Norway haha. It really is a beautiful country in the daylight. Being here has made me appreciate sunlight a whole lot more. It's such a rare occurance cuz if it's not night time then it's cloudy. When the sun finally comes out it's for a very short period of time, but it's awesome to see! My favorite are to be is either up on a mountain top looking down over the valley or on a hilltop looking over the harbor. Something about the way the sunlight shines through the clouds across a quiet harbor makes me feel so good :) I can't wait til summer time haha.

Back to miracles.. Since they have both been working so much we were only able to meet with them maybe once last week (up until Saturday.) We had planned to teach them at least three times that week cuz we weren't able to teach them enough times the week before. So it was looking like we wouldn't be able to teach them until Sunday and we would have to move there date to April sometime. Around Saturday afternoon we were heading back to the center to teach another one of our investigators when Carlos and Yamilla happened to be waiting outside for us to, hopefully, show up. The guy we were supposed to be teaching didn't show up so it actually worked out nicely cuz we got to teach them. We ended up going through pretty much every commandment ever made that they need to follow haha. Once again Carlos accepted everything with "Of course man, why wouldn't I do that if it's what God wants me to do?!" They're both so great and I'm so excited for this Saturday :)

I'm so grateful for all the experiences I've been put through and continue to go through that help me see how our Heavenly Father works and helps us along the way. As I was sitting and thinking about many of the things I have gone through up to this point I started to see more and more how much support He gave me. There are so many different ways He "sends" help by things like a thought to read the scriptures or a person who says something that was exactly what we needed to hear. That's one of my favorite things that happen; when i've been worried or wondering about something and somebody comes along as an answer to my prayer. Prayer is so wonderful :) It has such a tremendous power and I witness its effect everyday. I've enjoyed looking back and realizing how often my prayers were answered in ways I never noticed before.

Thanks everyone for all your prayers and support for me! It really means alot and I'm so lucky to have all of you :) I'm so grateful for the restored gospel of Jesus Christ! It's all true and I'm happy to tell the world about it. I can't even count how many people I've talked to who have said they don't believe in God and they're not interested in finding out for themselves if He's there. I guess that's where every other member of the church has to come in and shine as an example to everyone else. I've talked to so many more who aren't interested but they know about "the Mormons" haha so we ask them what they know about us. The first or second thing is always, "Well, they're really kind people and always happy." That in itself makes them curious to know more.

I hope all is going well with everyone in the great U S of A :) I love you all!

Ha det bra alle sammen!

Love,

Eldste Farrer

No comments:

Post a Comment