Monday, April 12, 2010

An Entire Day of Sunshine

Hello all,
Today has been so great! I woke up early this morning and the sun was shining right out on the veranda. It was one of those days when you get up out of bed and say "Yeah; today will be a good day." We didn't really do a whole lot but walk through the city and buy some random items needed. Just crusin the streets and "Takin My Time." Oh, Elder and Sister Thomas took Elder Harris and I to lunch at TGI Fridays. I ordered a good ol' American bacon cheeseburger with fries haha. Hadn't had that in a while, it was nice :) Btw I did get the peanut butter package, it was great to eat real peanut butter too haha.

Hmm.. what happened this week.. Well we did a lot of finding everyday so my legs are pretty sore today. On Saturday we had a "Gate Stand" or a street stand down the main street of Karl Johans Gate. We set up a huge flag of Christ on it and set out a bunch of brochures, pass along cards, dvd's, and Book of Mormon's. I felt a lot more like a salesman than usual cuz I would walk up to people and try to get them to come over to the table for more information haha. It was interesting and kinda nice to switch things up a bit from the usual walking around and talking with people. Our next idea for finding is to draw a huge picture of the plan of salvation with sidewalk chalk, should be exciting :)

So on Sunday we taught the investigators class again. The normal teacher has been out of town for weeks because of Påske Ferie (Easter Break.) I'm still trying to get used to co-teaching with somebody. Everyone has their own teaching style and sometimes it's hard to follow the flow of things that don't go along with how you would do things, but it worked out okay :)

Sunday seemed to go by so fast it was crazy! The church here has a lot of local reporter's interested too. I didn't realize it until after but a lady who's doing a documentary on "young adult's finding ways of belonging" sat in on our lesson and then came to the center later. It was way weird cuz she was following Elder Harris and I around while we were there. I would be standing, talking with someone and I'd see her out of the corner of my eye about to snap a picture. I just didn't even know what to do! She's going to be following us around most of the day on Wednesday so that should be interesting :)

Well this will be the last week of transfers. Transfers are different from other places and are every 9 weeks. So in the end I will have served a 25 month mission instead of the usual 24 month one. I have seen so many blessings come my way and I know it's the Lord making things work. I honestly don't know how other people do it without the gospel in there lives. I could not live without it.

We've had a few good teaches this past week. We taught a way great Philippino girl and she was so excited to receive a free copy of the Book of Mormon. The other guy, Kaleb, is from Ethiopia and he was way stoked as well about reading. I've decided I really love new convert and investigators' prayers. They are so simple but so sincere and I always feel the spirit so strongly during them.

I'm so grateful for this opportunity I have to serve our Heavenly Father. I was looking back at how much I've learned in the past six months and I have truly come so far. I've seen so many things and my understanding has been enlightened because of everything. What a great duty it is to share the gospel with another. I love it :) I'm reminded each and every day how blessed I am to know my Savior lives!

Love you :)

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment