Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Just another day in paradise

Dear all,

Well this week has been a pretty good one. We had a lot of teaches that went great! I had a few down moments but the work must go on and I'm goin for all it's worth :) Also, I had one of the best teaches on my mission thus far with Adam(Short story about him).

So Adam showed up a few weeks at the center seeking to learn Norwegian. I told him about the language classes on Tuesday and Thursday and he said he'd be there next time. We didn't see him for a long time after that until he showed up one evening last Tuesday. I was busy with some things but I glanced over and saw him sitting on the couch, watching "To This End Was I Born." I wasn't sure if i recognized him at first until he motioned for me to come over and said he needed to talk to me about something after the movie was finished. To this point I still wasn't exactly sure who this guy was or what he needed to talk to me about. Finally the movie ended and he began to explain to me, very quietly, that we had spoken a month ago about the Norwegian class. I nodded in response and he continued to say, "Please sir I need to learn Norwegian, will you teach me?" He is the most humble man I have ever met and has such a great spirit about him.

After that he started to try and describe the great feelings he felt while watching the Jesus Christ movie (AKA the Spirit) He then said, "Please, do you have any other movies like this one? I felt so good while watching, can I watch another one sir?" He's from India and about 50 years old. He has an incredible amount of respect for everyone he meets. We taught him the next day about The Book of Mormon and gave him a copy. As we talked with him the spirit was so strong and I am grateful I had the opportunity to meet him.

Well we didn't end up doing the sidewalk chalk thing but that will come sometime in the future. Oh btw, I just found out this morning that i'll be moving to Arendal. I'm way excited and I've heard a lot of great things about it! Transfers have been kinda crazy though cuz of the volcano that errupted in Iceland. The airports are all closed and planes can't fly with the ash that's higher up in the air. Basically the missionaries who should be going home can't and the new one's can't fly in from the MTC. Pretty much transfers have been put completely on hold for now until the volcanic ash goes away haha.

Sometimes it's hard to imagine that it's only been a week cuz I feel like I learn so much in just one day. And sometimes it feels like it's been years when in reality only one day has passed haha. It's crazy how it all works but I'm grateful for it likevel (anyway).

The gospel makes me so happy :) I love reading and studying The Book of Mormon. Never before have I had a desire to learn as much as I do now. Ah we are just so lucky to have everything we do. I love the gospel and I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I'm thankful for Him and this experience I have to "Come unto Him."

Love,

Daniel

P.S. If anyone would like to know, mail isn't going anywhere over seas or coming in because the airports are all closed. So sorry if you don't get a letter from me sometime soon.

Here's my new address to be when flights resume:

Vestregate 4
4836 Arendal
Norway



No comments:

Post a Comment