Friday, June 11, 2010

Hello All!

Dear all,

As I was reading your email it reminded me of a scripture I read a few times this week as I was studying The Plan of Salvation. It's in 3 Nephi 28:10. Mostly I love the beginning where it says, "And for this cause ye shall have fulness of joy; and ye shall sit down in the kingdom of my Father.." I was trying really, really hard to imagine what it's like to have a "fullness of joy" cuz really we don't have much of a clue about it. We just get the occasional bits and pieces when we feel the spirit strongest. But imagine, sitting down in the kingdom with our Heavenly Father and feeling pretty darn good :) I think that's going to be a real happy day!

Since it has warmed up it is way beautiful all over the place. Everything is starting to be so green and the water is some of the bluest I have ever seen. The only problem with the hot weather coming is that everyone starts to shed layers of clothing until there is almost nothing left.. ah!! I've gotten really good at finding my way from place to place by recognizing the cobble stones beneath my feet haha. We had a member ask us the other day if we wanted to go swimming in this lake that's on there property, I was like "Yeah.. Oh wait I can't do that." But the weather is still nice even if I can't go swimming when it's hot :)

Teaching has been going good as well. We taught Evy and Thor Åge on Sunday at there house. After we taught her the gospel of Jesus Christ he asked if we could come more often, I just said "I think we could squeeze you into our schedule." :) They still have to get married and quit smoking but Evy wants to be baptized. She was talking to her son on the phone the other day and told him that she really thought this is the church for her. That is definitely true :)

We went to this historical place in Kristiansand where the German's kept prisoners who had been sentenced to death and tortured them instead (spiritually uplifting right?). Anyway I am way tired after going there and so sorry if this isn't a very lengthy or quality email..

I had a really great experience yesterday as it was fast and testimony meeting in church. I was asked to bless the sacrament, which is always a privilege, and then I later was able to bare my testimony. Through the entire meeting I felt the spirit so strongly and I was incredibly thankful that I have been blessed to be a member of Heavenly Father's church. It was even better cuz that morning during my personal study and studied more about the Atonement. What a great thing it is to be able to apply the Atonement into our lives. I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ cuz without Him I know I wouldn't make it.

Thank you for everything you do :)

Love,

Daniel





Hotmail has to

No comments:

Post a Comment