Monday, July 19, 2010

Yes, I Floss Every Night :)

Hello All,

Well this past week has gone pretty good. I still haven't been able to get in contact with a dentist to take care of my cavities.. It seems like every one I call either doesn't answer the phone or is on vacation for the summer. I got some Calcium and Vitamin D3 today as well as mouthwash. I'm gonna hit these cavities hard and hopefully prevent any other's from coming in the future. It's interesting how big of a deal it can be to have two cavities when on a mission. Had they come at any other time it would've been almost no big deal haha. Oh well, best work through it anyway.

Tuesday was a very full and entertaining day. We had splits so Elder Craft came from Kristiansand and Elder Passey went there. The first person we taught was Kristiane. She had tried to pray once before but didn't feel like she got an answer. This was the second time teaching her and it was kind of depressing.. Right after we opened with a prayer I asked her how the reading and praying went. She said she had read and prayed and didn't feel anything. We talked about what she expected for her answer and she said "It would have to be a fairly big sign." Hmm.. After that she said she didn't want to want to try anymore and didn't want to meet again. We tried to explain to her that it takes some time and that you have to be a little bit more willing to do something about it when you do get an answer. I asked her if she would be interested to hear what we had prepared to teach her and she said "No, I don't think so." Silver bullet right to the heart haha. Strange thing about it was that she didn't get up and leave so I just said, "Well, Elder Craft and I are going to watch "Finding Faith in Christ" so you can leave if you want or you are more than welcome to stay and watch." (I was going to be absolutely certain that she was not an "elect" person at that time.)

I felt the spirit so strongly after the movie was finished and I knew she had to have felt something too. We bore some good testimony and even had a kneeling prayer at the very end. Even after all that she still went on her way and said "Maybe one day." It was so sad but at the same time it was a major testimony builder for me. I am so grateful for the restored truth that we have.

Overall I'd say my prayers and level of communication with our Heavenly Father have been a lot better. I just feel like I take a ride on a spiritual roller coaster every week. I definitely feel closer to Him because of having better prayers and I have seen the difference looking back on the week now. I don't know why but I've been feeling slightly homesick recently. I don't know if it has to do with the summer weather gets my thoughts thinking about all sorts of things or what. I've noticed though that one of the biggest factors that effect my spirituality levels and later on homesickness level is how I manage the stress. If I start feeling overwhelmed or not the greatest my mind wanders on other things, not good haha. It's just funny cuz I feel like every week I've got it all figured out. I get to Monday and say "Alright, I made those mistakes and learned from them. Now I can be a perfect Missionary this week and baptize multitudes :) Guess at one point you just have to really live in the present, find the joy in it and keep pressing forward. I think that's one of my biggest challenges; being too much of a future dreamer and not looking at the now so much haha. What can I say? I really like to dream :)

Your hiking experience does sound like it came right out of a movie! Pretty exciting haha. I want to go on that hike one day. I don't know why I never went before (guess I was just too much of a sissy ;-) I've been trying to find some good hiking areas but the only outdoor hiking area's are either too far or we've already been there. I did get a really cool picture from when we knocked an area on top of one of the many mountains the other day. It's the one picture with all the boat's in a big group (img_0046). The Norwegian Grand Prix boat races were here over the weekend so we got to see a few race's while we were out in the city.

We finally got to teach Tor Åge and Evy again. It went fairly well but we kind of found out that he just wants to take his time getting back into the church and she isn't exactly gung-ho about being baptized real soon. I took a picture of the yard they're working on cleaning up and it's attached (img_0029. Elder Passey and I went in and cleaned out a ton of fallen tree's. I chainsawed them all up and he hauled them out, it was great fun :) We took the tree's out of the area to the left of the shed.

After we finished teaching them we had already missed our bus but needed to ride our bike's quite a ways to the bus station (up hill) it was pretty intense, but the reward was very nice. We had to wait an hour or so before the bus finally came. Luckily, the bus stop was right next to a lake (img_0035) so I just stood by it and thought. Nature is so beautiful and so peaceful to be out in I love it! It's so much easier for me to feel closer to my Heavenly Father when I am out in the natural things he has created. Isn't it amazing that he created all of this by Priesthood power? :)

I'd say this past week has been a pretty rewarding one now that I look back at it. I must admit it had its moments, both high and low, but it's all good :) Thank you for putting my name in the temple! Oh btw I just got a hold of a dentist and the soonest I can get in is the 30th of July haha we'll see if I can find someone else to get it done before then.

Love,

Daniel



No comments:

Post a Comment