Monday, September 20, 2010

I Stand All Amazed!

Picture of a "Morning in Kristiansand"


Dear All,

First of all I just want to say thank you for the wonderful Birthday wishes!

So yesterday I finally gave my talk that I was asked to give the week before. It was looking to be a pretty busy day at church since the Elders quorum president had asked us to give the lesson in priesthood, then we were going to be teaching the investigator class, and of course I would then give my talk in sacrament. Well when it came to priesthood the branch president wanted to take a little bit of time at the beginning which actually turned into a really good discussion about priesthood blessings. Long story short he took the entire time so we didn't end up teaching at all during that block time haha. But the next hour I did end up teaching which went fairly well and I was able to give my whole talk this time which went well :)

It just turned out to be such a good. I started fasting Saturday night to get a little extra spiritual boost. Once we got home from church I told Elder Passey, "Ya know, I really want to help somebody who need's us today." I didn't think too much on the thought until later that night when Tor Åge called and asked if we could come and give him and Evy Priesthood blessings. We gave them each a blessing and it felt so awesome to just be in that house! The Spirit was so strong and I felt soo good :) It wasn't after we had left that I realized the Lord had blessed me with what I wanted, to help someone in need that day. It was an incredible experience!

So then during studies this morning I thought a bit about yesterday and thought again, "Ya know that was really cool, I want to help somebody else in need again today." Not even five minutes after I had thought that the phone rang with one of the member's on the other side. She said she was in the hospital and wondered if we could come give her a blessing. I was able to give the blessing and it felt so wonderful. I wish there were better words to describe it then "it was great" but it truly was. I've never given so many blessings having them be so near each other, but I am so grateful for the opportunity to do so :) Both times after giving the blessing I felt like I was on top of the world. I love feeling the Spirit :)

The wedding went well with Tor Åge and Evy. Harald sang the song "Jesus it's me again" once again but this time I got a lot of it on video. They had so much food there! One of the member's made a bunch of Iraqi type food, which was interesting but quite good. Then of course they had plenty of dessert's to go around :) We had to leave right as they started dancing so we could get home on time but that was okay since we can't exactly dance with anyone anyway haha. It's exciting cuz their goal is to go to the temple in one year to be sealed and she'll be getting baptized this Saturday :) I think it'll be a good week!

Hope you have a good week!

Love

Daniel



No comments:

Post a Comment