Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Conference was great!

Dear All,
Conference was just awesome! I made sure to take any questions I had had on my mind from the past few months and really listen for the answers. I did indeed receive an answer to each and every one of my questions plus answers to other questions I did not realize I had :) I really liked President Monson's talk about being grateful for everything that comes way, always. I don't know if it's just that I don't remember far enough back about things that happened in the week but Sunday's always seem to be the best haha. Saturday was great too though because of conference.
Yesterday after we finished watching the Sunday Morning session (which ended at 8pm) we went over to visit Tor Åge and Evy. Once we got there we found out that they have both been having a hard time. We hadn't planned on teaching them anything too much since Tor Åge had forgotten his keys at the church and we had them for him. After we opened with a prayer we just sat there and let the Spirit work for what felt like an eternity.. I could tell that something was a little off with Evy but I wasn't quite sure what it was. It wasn't until after we left their house when I realized that almost that entire teach was not me talking to either of them. Most of the time I didn't even know what I was saying and then Evy was just saying things like, "Yeah exactly." "What you are saying is exactly right, that's how it's been." I barely remember what we talked about but it was such a great experience. That is one time for sure that I can say I know the Spirit was guiding me for both of there needs. I did not know all the details of what they were going through but Heavenly Father did.
Also yesterday we had a crazy huge rainstorm that lasted for about half of the day. It was coming down by bucket loads and it came down from all sides haha it reminded me alot of the movie "Forest Gump" we he says the rain sometimes even came from the ground up. The colors on the trees have been changing as well. It looks cool to look out at the island now. I'll have to get a picture of that and of it at night cuz that is nice too :)
Thanks for all your support! I've been feeling a lot better lately, especially after conference :) Thanks for canning some peaches for me, I look forward to them :)

Love,

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment