Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mats got baptized on the 14th.. great way to celebrate a one year mark :)



Dear All,

Well before we left to Stavanger last Sunday the weather wasn't too bad and actually quite pleasant. Once we got back on Wednesday it was freezing cold and almost all the fall leaves have fallen! So we only got a hand full of pictures taken before everything went dark and dreary haha. We had some really cool, foggy weather for a few days that made it pretty eerie to walk down by the water at night time :) I've been doing fine with the colder weather but I think I may be getting something cuz my voice has kinda been giving out lately. I think I may have to buy a bigger coat cuz mine is plenty warm but we are supposed to wear our suitcoats all the time and mine doesn't fit under my coat if I have the liner in.. Which is lame.. But I've been plenty warm now since it hasn't been cold enough and if I need to I have a sweater to wear underneath until I can find another coat; we'll see :) Oh so I bought a new, way awesome, European suit today for a birthday gift haha and I'm way excited about it! It is black with pinstripes and I must say that it fits very nicely :) So thank you to you and Brent, Grandma and Grandpa, and Grandma Langlois for putting money in my account :)

It's interesting, I've noticed how important it has become to focus my thoughts and efforts on everything that is happening now and not getting too caught up on things coming in the future. I've noticed how my mission is a lot like how I would be with playing a sport back home, tennis for example.. No matter how hard I tried I would not play nearly as good unless I was completely relaxed and let my game come out in a natural way. The same thing goes for how well I work each day as a missionary. If I get thinking about when I get home then I get stressed out about other things and nothing works. That's where I think the gift of the spirit comes in. You can work 100 times better if you are feeling at peace both inside and out. As you feel that peace everything just flows nicely and things work out :) It makes it easier for the "real" you to come out. Just a thought I just had and thought I'd share haha :)

So Mats got baptized on Thursday and it was great! As you see in the picture I included, Mats is the only one without a tie, standing next to me. I'm so happy for him and his family cuz now it's not just his mom as a member but both her and him. Now they said they're gonna work on getting his two younger brothers baptized so we're of course going to be helping with that :) I can't believe how much the Lord has blessed us here in Arendal, it makes me so happy! I sat in the back in church on Sunday and it was wonderful to look around at all our new converts and their families with them. Everyone that we have baptized here has had another person in their family who was already a member of the church so it felt good to see these families come closer together as they are able to come to church together each Sunday :)

This weekend we're going to Stavanger again cuz they'll be organizing the district so we'll find out who will be the new presidency and everything else. Oh btw we met with this guy named Tobi about a week ago and the second time we taught him we challenged him to pray about getting baptized on the 13th of November. He thought about it for a little bit and then asked, "Okay, but actually I want to get baptized on the 1st of November instead. Is that okay?" After I was done scooping my jaw off the floor I responded, "Ya, I think we can do that." Elder Passey and I came out of that teach and just looked at each other and I said, "I am not exactly sure what just happened in there, but that good man is gonna get baptized on the 1st!" I don't think I've ever had a teach go so well with somebody before. I am sure it was the Lord who guided us through each and every step. It was a sweet experience to be used as a tool in His hands :) So the next Elder who takes my place is gonna have a great guy to baptize haha.

Love,

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment