Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Well it's been a year..and I'm in Stavanger!‏‏

Dear All,

I ended up using some rubberbands to fix up my camera and it's working all-right-now :) Elder Passey and I were planning on taking a bunch of pictures today of all the colors and everything but we're having a conference tomorrow so we flew over to Stavanger early this morning. So hello from Stavanger!!

When we went in to teach Mats on Sunday it turned out so well that afterward it took me quite a while to register what exactly had just happened. Long story short, Mats is getting baptized this coming Thursday!! Okay to explain a little bit about that.. Last Thursday he sent us a text message saying he wanted to cancel our appointment so he could take some time to think about the whole baptism thing before church on Sunday. First is Priesthood meeting, I'll tell that story in just a minute.. So Sunday school comes around and we go into another room with Mats and Jon (a member who is going to Utah for his mission in beginning of November). We opened with a prayer and I just turned to him and said "Well, let's talk about your baptism." The spirit was so strong during the teach and afterward there was such a sweet feeling in the room. It went so well and I along with the entire branch are so excited for him to be baptized :)

So about Priesthood, it was quite funny.. It started off as usual with the branch president giving announcements and such before moving on to the lesson. When he goes to turn the time over to one of the counselors of the quorum presidency he just looks at him with a blank stare and says, "Hmm.. I'm a little surprised by that statement." Apparently he didn't know it was his turn to teach the lesson. Meanwhile I was sitting on the front row with all the young men.. The branch president then turns to me and says "Okay, can you go with all of them and teach a lesson today?" Of course I answered the call of duty, "Uh.. yeah sure." Haha the moment became greatest as I walked down the hallway thinking to myself, "Hmm.. I have really no idea what I'm going to teach these guys right now.." It reminded me of what it says in the D&C about how each meeting should be led in the church by the Spirit.. This lesson was definitely led by the Spirit. We started off by reading in 3 Nephi 11 and as we were reading thoughts and ideas began coming to mind. It was probably one of the better lesson's i've been a part of and I know it was because the master teacher, the spirit, was at the head of it all :) It was a great blessing and learning experience that i'm very grateful for. Oh and testimony meeting was so awesome!
I had one of those moments where I just couldn't sit still any longer and had to get up. Once I got up there I just couldn't hardly put any words together but I loved it cuz I truly felt what is described in the hymn, "The Spirit of God like a fire is burning." I couldn't hold back the tears and it made me so happy :) I know that He lives!

Next moves with be on the 27th of this month and I do not have the slightest idea of where I'll go haha. I really want to go somewhere more north so I can see different areas but it is a lot colder up there so I dunno :) I think it would be before but I think it will be kinda hard to move in a few weeks. Having been here for so long I've really gotten to know people so well. But it'll be nice to have a change too.

I really needed the testimony meeting we had this last Sunday. I had been wondering a lot about if the Lord is satisfied with my efforts or not. I got my answer in church :) I'm grateful to be on a mission, serving my Savior. I feel like I have grown so much closer to Him and no matter how hard it's been, I wouldn't have it any other way. I am so thankful for the Atonement He made for me. I am grateful that I can say, for myself, that I know Heavenly Father is there and He loves us. I love you mom, thank you for leading me along the path of truth and light :)

Love,

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment