Monday, December 6, 2010

Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland

Dear All,

Things are going much better :) We had a way big snow storm a few days
ago and now there is snow everywhere! Guess what?! We found an
apartment and we're moving tomorrow :) It was kinda cool how we found
it too. Last week we looked through the newspaper a few times but
didn't really find anything that great. We'd been looking other places
too with not much luck. Then one day I was flipping through my planner
and came across a page I had apparently written down a phone number
and price amount on but nothing more than that. I don't remember when
I wrote the number down but I called it anyway to see if we could come
see the apartment. So we saw it and it was very nice. The guy said
there were a few other people who had seen it but he said if we wanted
it he was willing to just give it to us haha. He agreed to let us take
a day to think about it. The next day he called us and said the other
people were asking about if they could have the apartment so he wanted
to see if we wanted it or not. I said we did, so now we have a new
apartment :) I'm pretty excited to move!

Yesterday was a busy day in church, no surprise there though :) We
taught a combined priesthood/relief society class about how the
members can be more involved with missionary work. It went pretty
good. Then we had testimony meeting and that was way sweet. Tobias,
our investigator who's getting baptized on the 16th, got up and bore
his testimony! The best part was that after he got up there, the first
thing he said was, "Okay when I say hallelujah you all say amen."
Haha.. Some of the members didn't quite know how to react but there
were many, myself included, who said, "Amen!" It was great :) After
that he just gave a very sincere, thankful testimony about God.

Oh yeah so we had the ward Christmas party last Friday. It was pretty
fun. Harald sang a lot of American Christmas songs that I knew. My
favorite one was "Blue Christmas" by Elvis Presley haha I just had to
sing along :) Judy Larsen, a member from America, made really good
stuffing for it too. No we didn't get to see the Christmas devotional.
I had forgotten they even had one haha.

I bore my testimony again on Sunday. I really enjoy baring my
testimony :) I'm so grateful that I have a testimony. I'm thankful to
know that God lives and He is our father. I am grateful to be able to
say that I know Christ is the Savior of the world and He lives. I know
revelation is real and I know we can receive it by the Holy Ghost.

Love,

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment