Monday, January 31, 2011

"O Savior, stay this night with me, Behold 'tis eventide"‏

Dear All,

Last week was wonderful! Elder Jose A. Teixera of the Seventy came to
talk to us for zone conference and it was very inspiring :) I was
especially lucky cuz he had a seperate training meeting for any
leadership in the mission, so I got to be a part of that as well.
Everything he said felt like it was directed right to me and it
strengthened my testimony so much :) One thing I especially liked was
how he spoke to us about repentance. He talked about it being more
then just being forgiven of our sins. That repentance includes forming
a fresh view of God, ourselves, and the world around us. It's
basically having an attitude change coming along with being forgiven.
So the more we use the Atonement and repent the more we can begin to
see things in a new light or in a better way. It is a source of
happiness and joy :) Just like you said, staying close to the "Son"
makes us happier and more excited. Such a great thing!

He said so many golden things I couldn't write fast enough haha.
Something else he talked about was faith. He said, "You will gain more
faith by doing the things that require that faith." I've read and hear
alot that faith is action or faith requires action but the way he put
it just made it click this time :) It amazes me how simple the gospel
really is. If you want to strengthen your faith in something like
reading the Book of Mormon cuz it may be hard to see how it will help
you then just do it and watch for the blessings. It's fantastic!

My companion and I tried this last week. We decided that we didn't
have that many people to teach and we wanted more but it had been a
rough week before that so our faith was a little weak. We got back
from the conference on Friday and went out with the thought in mind
that everyone who crosses our path is seeking the truth and we have to
tell them about it. Over the past few days we've found many, many
people who we have now taught and will continue to teach. My faith
grew and I don't want it to ever stop :)

I know it's true, with faith ALL things are possible! I am so grateful
for all the possibilities we have before us. I hope you have an
enjoyable week.

Love,

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment