Friday, March 11, 2011

February 28, 2011

Dear All,

Well it sounds like you all had a good time in Jackson this week. Yep,
that type of weather definitely sounds familiar :) Last week it
started snowing on Tuesday or Wednesday and almost never stopped until
Saturday evening. It wasn't a constant, heavy snow the entire time but
there was always a constant mist sort of stuff in the air. It was
interesting. My face was moist each time we went outside :)

During the week we met with a guy and his wife who have come to church
off and on since a little before Christmas. The wife is from Northern
Norway and grew up with a Christian belief but the guy has never
believed in God until recently. He's had some self-esteem challenges
and talks alot about how he still is learning about what love is. It's
funny because even though she's more christian than he is, she won't
really pray to find out if the Book of Mormon is true but he will. She
is convinced that she'll be shown the way and that she doesn't need to
ask any question's through prayer. They are both very talkative people
though so teaches with them can take some time :)

We had a very strange teaching situation with another woman we've been
teaching at a member's house the other day. She had some problem come
up right before we met with her so it kind of made things challenging.
After we finished eating dinner I started to begin with the lesson
when all of the sudden our investigator stands up and says, "No! I've
gotta call the police! I think I need to be driven home now!" So the
member drove her home and that was that haha. I guess she had loaned
one of her friends 80,000 krones at one point in time and when she
recently tried to get this friend to pay her back she wouldn't. She
just started calling all of our investigator's friends and spreading
rumors about her. Our investigator was really scared of what was being
said so that's why she freaked out during the teach. I just never
thought my teaching could lead someone to call the police ;-) hehe

I can't even believe how fast the time has flown! It's already been
nine weeks and I'll be getting a new companion this Wednesday. Can you
guess who it is? Haha Elder Whitehead, my companion from when I was in
the MTC. I haven't really talked to him too much since we were in the
MTC so I think it'll be interesting :) It's amazing how quickly time
goes once you look back at it. It's strange to think that I was in the
MTC more than a year ago.


Love,

Daniel



No comments:

Post a Comment