Friday, March 11, 2011

The Work Goes On:)

Dear All,

We had a pretty good week with a lot of teaches, but on Sunday none of
our investigator's were able to come to church.. That didn't feel too
good cuz we had taken lot's of time and energy to help them get there
but in the end it seemed like we had nothing to show for it. That
morning I read a talk called "That We Might Have Joy." It was about
being able to still experience happiness and joy even when things for
you aren't going exactly the way you want them to. How we can feel joy
by choosing to open our hearts to the Savior's redeeming power and by
sharing our testimony of that power with others. There is so much that
can come from understanding the Savior's Atonement. In this article
the author talks about how our situations and surroundings shouldn't
have a lasting impact on is. But that true joy comes by obedience to
Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Understanding how much they've done
for us and realizing that, like the scripture in 2 Nephi says, "men
are that they might have joy."

Last week we had an interesting teach with a lady named Evy Ann.
Eventually the lesson got around to me asking her what it was that she
was looking for in life. What is was that she really wanted. After she
answered and we talked about it for a little while she then turned and
asked me the same thing, "What do you desire in life?" I have to admit
that out of all the times I've asked people that they've never asked
me so I had to think about it for a minute. I responded, "True joy."
Then it was like a light bulb came on for me. Everything I'm doing and
everything I've been doing has lead me to experience more of that
"true joy" I want. The gospel is all about happiness and it is the
only way to find lasting happiness. I am so thankful to know of His
gospel.

love, Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment