Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Happy 4th of July!







































Hello All,

So guess what? We found Emma! It was so awesome how it all went down.
What happened was that we went to visit the address you gave me and
knocked on the door. No one answered so we just left a card with a
little note and our number on it. Later one that night she sent us a
text and said she got the note and was excited to meet with us! We met
a few days after that and she even brought a friend with her to hear
as well. She said she really wants to get baptized but her mom is
against it. The law says that she can but she's worried about how her
mom will react. Now we're trying to figure out ways we can show her
mom that we're not so dangerous people so hopefully she'll change her
mind soon :) She's way cool though and the teach we had with her went
way well.

Oh so I have another "guess what?" I'm moving to Fredrikstad on
Wednesday and my new companion will be Elder Perry. I've heard a lot
of good things about the area and also about Elder Perry so I'm
excited to go there :)

On Tuesday Elder Mathews (an Elder in my district) got a surprise call
from the president and was told he'd be moving early to Stavanger, in
fact he would be leaving early the next morning. He happened to be on
splits with my comp and I since his comp was interviewing someone for
baptism in another area. So we had to hang around with him while he
packed for a little while and did some last minute things before
flying out the next day haha it was kind of a surprise.

Thursday we had the opportunity to go to Sandvika for a baptism that
the Elders there had. They needed my comp to play the piano cuz I
guess all the pianists in the ward were either busy or on vacation
haha. It was a peaceful experience. We got there a little early so I
had the opportunity to play a little on the organ. The only songs I
could think of at the time were apologize and viva la vida :) They
sounded pretty sweet once I started using the base foot pedals and
all. It was exciting.

We got to teach our investigator from Pakistan again this week. He's
been really busy so it was kinda hard to meet but it was awesome to
read the Book of Mormon with him. He works as a Taxi driver and keeps
suggesting that we call him sometime soon so he can drive us somewhere
haha. I haven't taken him up on his offer yet but we'll see ;)

I played volleyball today for p-day and it was a riot. The stakes were
pretty high too. For every game you lost your team had to do ten push
ups (sisters included). If you lost the series you had to do thirty
push ups. So we were winning for a while in the beginning but the
tables turned and my team ended up doing the thirty push ups. It was
kinda lame but I got a great workout out of it haha.

Love,

Dano

No comments:

Post a Comment