Sunday, October 16, 2011

Week14 Fredrikstad

It has been a good week.

On Wednesday we went to the funeral for the son of one of the member's here. He was about 21 years old when he drowned. I was asked to dedicate the grave site, which a sweet experience. It was a nice funeral service that was done in the Norwegian Church. They had a guy sing "You Raise Me Up" and "Amazing Grace". He was a really good singer, sounded almost exactly like Josh Groban. I think the last funeral I went to was grandma Ileen's. It was sad to see the family and close friends saying their final "goodbye's" but I felt comfort and peace in knowing that he is not gone forever. I'm grateful that we were invited to attend. It was a good reminder, to me, of how precious life is and how quickly it can end. I'm so happy to know of what a great plan Heavenly Father has created for us :)

Sunday, fast and testimony meeting, was cool too. It was one of those days where everyone was practically racing each other up to the pulpit. The spirit was so great! One of our newer member's was sitting next to me. He leaned over and said he "felt this fantastic feeling that he just couldn't explain but that it felt wonderful." A few minutes later he got up and bore a great testimony of Priesthood Blessings and the temple. He had been unsure of whether or not he had a testimony. He then said, "I now know that I have a real testimony. I know this church is true and I'm so happy to be a member of it." It was cool :)

Earlier that morning I was studying/preparing to teach about Eternal Marriage and the Temple to two other recent converts in our ward. I've been having some really good studies the past couple of days; especially reading from the scriptures. Funny how much easier and more fun it can be to teach a lesson when you've been able to gain a stronger testimony of it beforehand. It's cool how the priesthood authority can really bind things both on earth and in heaven. I enjoyed teaching that lesson :)

Love,

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment